We love food. We especially love pizza! And what do we like to do with pizza, you might ask? EAT. THE. PIZZA. Hence, the creation of the Eat the Pizza YouTube channel, as we embark on a journey to eat all the pizza. Join us as we explore all things pizza and pizza-flavored things. Check out the very FIRST episode that just launched today: Mac and Cheeseburger Pizza!
We're so happy to have you with us! If you're here, it's likely that you're a pizza fanatic, too. And who can blame you? Pizza is life. Pizza is bae.
Maybe pizza isn't life...but it's a pretty amazing food. You can't go wrong with those savory, herby, cheesy flavors. They're delicious anytime! And, they're delicious in SO many other foods. Grilled cheese pizza sandwiches, pizza pretzels, pizza waffles—we want to try them all!
Then, pizza also has this genius combo of crust, sauce, and toppings, with A MILLION different flavor possibilities. We're getting creative and thinking beyond just pizza dough, red sauce, and cheese. We're talkin' breakfast pizzas, dessert pizzas, grilled pizzas, crockpot pizzas! They sky's the limit for our pizza-tivity!
We'll be sharing our new ideas and love of pizza with you EVERY FRIDAY with a new Eat the Pizza episode. And, we want to know YOUR pizza fantasies, so we can try them out! If you have any ideas for new pizzas and pizza-flavored things, leave us a comment on the video and we may feature it in an upcoming episode!
'Til then, check out our first of many pizzas: The Mac and Cheeseburger.
Maybe you've had mac and cheese pizza, and maybe you've had cheeseburger pizza...but what about MAC AND CHEESEBURGER PIZZA?! For this very special first episode of Eat the Pizza, we combine some of our favorite foods—mac and cheese, cheeseburgers, and (of course) pizza—to create a deliciously cheesy party in your mouth.
And, these aren't just our favorite foods...pizza, burgers, and pasta are at the top of the list of most-eaten and most-delivered foods in America. Lucky for you, this homemade pizza recipe includes ALL THREE of those tasty foods! We think your friends and family will be happy to share this pizza pie with you.
This easy pizza recipe uses a Pillsbury pizza dough crust, a box of Kraft mac n' cheese, ground beef, and all of your favorite cheeseburger toppings! You won't believe your taste buds. Get creative with your favorite ingredients and flavors! Now get to cooking, and EAT THAT PIZZA!
1 Pillsbury classic pizza crust (or crust of choice)
- 1 box Kraft macaroni & cheese (noodles & packaged cheese dust)
- olive oil
- garlic paste (or minced garlic cloves)
- ½ cup onion
- 1 Tbsp relish
- ½ lb. ground beef
- 3 Tbsp butter
- ¼ cup milk (adjust consistency as desired)
- 3 Tbsp ketchup
- 3 Tbsp mustard
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- shredded cheddar cheese
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- pickle chip “pepperonis”
- In a large pot, boil macaroni noodles according to package instructions. Monitor and stir occasionally. (Don’t forget about them!)
- In a large pan, drizzle olive oil and sauté onion, garlic paste (or minced garlic cloves), and relish, until onions are translucent.
- Add ground beef and cook through completely. Feel free to season with your favorite spices! (We used cumin and a smidgen of chipotle powder.)
- Preheat oven to temperature given on pizza crust package. (Ours was 400°F, or 200°C.)
- Line a circular pizza pan or a baking sheet with parchment and lightly spray with cooking spray. (If desired, roll out dough on a floured surface to preferred shape and thickness.)
- Transfer pizza crust onto parchment and place in the oven to pre-bake. (Specific time given on pizza crust package, mine was 8 minutes.)
- When macaroni noodles are done cooking, drain into a colander and return noodles to the pot.
- In a large sauce pan over medium heat, melt butter.
- Once butter is melted, add Kraft packaged cheese dust. Whisk and stir continuously.
- Add milk (we used about ¼ cup) and stir, until sauce is smooth and creamy.
- Pour your cheese sauce over cooked noodles and mix to coat completely.
- Add cooked ground beef to mac and cheese and mix to combine.
- In a mixing bowl, add ketchup, mustard, and mayonnaise. Mix to combine. Feel free to season to taste! (We used oregano.)
- When crust is finished pre-baking, remove from oven. Spread your ketchup, mustard & mayo sauce onto the crust, then add cheeseburger macaroni mixture. Distribute over crust evenly.
- Sprinkle shredded cheddar and mozzarella cheeses on top, then layer on pickle chip “pepperonis.”
- Return to the oven to bake, until crust is golden brown and cheese has melted. (Your pizza crust package should give you a bake time! Ours was 6 to 10 minutes, still at 405°F, or 200°C.)
- Remove mac & cheeseburger pizza from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Top with a squeeze of ketchup if desired, cut into slices, and devour!
Yields 1 pizza, 6-8 slices
Like the Eat The Pizza swag from this episode? Get it here!